Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The behavior reactions continue to flare up in monumental form. I'm "recovering" from the last several months, but I'm still not all the way there--and it shows first and foremost in the attention I pay to my son (vs. sharing it with things I need to catch up on--like reconciling our accounts, cleaning the overwhelming mess that's accumulated, etc.) and food... and therefore budget/money. They are all still suffering and it makes it hard to get through the overload and keep myself okay long enough to get through it and move on okay.

Right now, I'm suffering wicked insomnia because I have to get on a plane and go to out of state again and show up in court to see if we can get our former foster daughter back. The anxiety is really doing me in.

Todays menu...

breakfast: apple pandowdy: apples (organic), raisins (organic), cinnamon and I think that's it... all goes in the microwave to soften up a bit and then layers the bottom of a 9"x13" baking dish. Gluten-Free Pantry Old Fashioned Cake & Cookie Mix batter made up and poured on top. I honestly don't recall how long to bake it for--but I'll check and post back.

snack: apple slices

lunch: Burger King. What a huge mistake. We like BK because the meat is broiled instead of fried in oil. We can get apple fries (they're raw, peeled apple slices) and apple juice in a box that has no corn syrup. But I'm almost positive there's corn syrup in the bun and I'm wondering if Matthew's behavior is that we've exceeded a gluten threshold (which honestly, I never was able to tie to behavior as well as I tied it to constipation/digestive issues).

snack: peeled organic carrot (a big one) and water

a-nuh-szer snack: potato chips

dinner: not yet planned.

No comments: