Thursday, May 14, 2009

Organic produce coop delivery--Thursday, 5/14

Generally I don't take a share of food on Thursday, but I sold my Saturday share to a new person who came on late and I had someone looking to try out half of a share on Thursdays--so I took half of a share today. Plus I took a fruit share today (it's cheaper for me to buy it on Thursdays because when you have 3+ people buying fruit, the price drops).

So here's what we got:

Half of veggie share (which does include some fruit):

3 small green zucchini (not horribly small--like not "dip in dressing as snack" small)
I got 3 because I evened out the odd number with a sandwich bag of mesclun greens
for the other person--who got 2 zukes
1 cuke
1 small bunch of kale (the other person got a head of lettuce for this)
1 head of broccoli (the other person got about 8 large carrots for this)
1 tomato
1 bell pepper
4 vidalia onions
3 apples
3 oranges
1 large eggplant
1 bunch of bananas (traded for a small cantaloupe--like bigger than a softball, but not by a lot)


The full fruit share was:

(2) 8 oz. containers of strawberries
1 pineapple
(1) 3 lb. bag of braeburn apples (2-1/2" min diameter)
4 peaches


This is good because I'll be away from Saturday night until very late Wednesday night and then we'll get a full share that Saturday after I'm back. So there won't be a lot of food to go to waste while I'm gone. We're getting back into the swing of things--so you should start seeing our food change a little and not be so monotonous.

No comments: