Monday, February 2, 2009

Monday, February 2, 2009

Today is Candlemas... purification and renewal. Kind of like a "new year's day". :)

Early breakfast: cereal bar

Breakfast: eggs with Taylor ham. Matthew also had sliced organic pears and Mike & I had organic grapefruit with brown sugar & honey (and coffee). Matthew and I had 1 c. OJ (which is Tropicana OJ half-n-half with water).

Snack: organic apple slices

Lunch: Matthew had hard salami on a bagel stick and more Tropicana OJ. In all fairness, he barely touched the bagel stick. I had ham, salami, lettuce, tomato and vinegar on a roll with water. Mike had leftover homemade soup and I brought him an everything bagel with cream cheese. Matthew and I were on the go and this was a social visit more than a food visit.

Snack: I don't remember an afternoon snack.

Dinner: I'm making stuffed peppers that won't be done on time. Contents: ground beef, organic onion, organic tomato paste (Nature's Promise brand), organic low sodium beef stock (Nature's Promise brand), rosemary, thyme, oregano, pine nuts and rice (I think it's Success rice--the boil-in-bag kinds). Put into organic bell peppers from the coop.

Of course, that's not going to be done in time... so Matthew will have leftover Outback and Mike and I will make sloppy joes out of the leftover pepper filling and some organic hotdog rolls.

No comments: