Sunday, August 23, 2009

Saturday, August 22, 2009

early breakfast: cereal bar

breakfast: We went out to the local bagel shop that reopened. They made Matthew scrambled eggs on a dry grill with no milk added... SCORE! He also was able to have orange juice. Mike and I were really bad. I have no idea what was on his sandwich (it was called the "What Are You Kidding Me, Or What?" and he recalls that it had eggs, cheese, bacon, sausage and possibly pork roll on a Sun-dried tomato. After recounting this for me, he says "I suddenly feel disgusting for eating that". I just had bacon, egg and cheese on a garlic bagel.

snack: think we skipped!

lunch: sushi (it was just me and Matthew). Matthew eats California Rolls because there's no raw fish in it. I don't know when we'll be adventurous enough for that. Our local grocery store makes excellent, fresh sushi at a reasonable price.

snack: we were out and about, so Matthew had an organic apple, two Fruitabu fruit rolls (grape--they're organic and don't have any corn syrup sweeteners, but do have soy lecithin--which is supposed to be okay for soy intolerant). I think he had something else but for my life I don't remember.

dinner: Wendy's because they'll serve his hamburger without the bun (which is not just a gluten thing: most breads have corn syrup in them and some have soy and food dyes). So he had a hamburger with tomato and pickle (the ketchup has corn syrup so it's off-limits) and mandarin oranges with a bottle of water.

dessert: I'm thinking we had to have eaten something but so help me I can't remember... Oh--cereal bar!

No comments: