Monday, October 24, 2011

I'm seriously considering 4 CSA shares next year

I know what you're thinking. I thought the same thing. Hear me out...

So this year, we had 2 shares--one from each of two different farms/CSAs. It was enough. We managed okay.

But I'm thinking that if we managed with 2 shares, how 'bout we double it and try to PRESERVE the other two shares. Riiiiiiiiiight? Riiiiiiight? I know, right?!?!

The reality is that we live within the confines of a homeowner's association that restricts the amount square footage I can use to grow food and I back to a woman who called us in easily 3 times before we moved in. (of things we CLEARED with the association, tyvm)

That being the case, I know I can't grow enough food for us next year. And finding enough organic stuff to preserve is difficult.

*sigh*

Of course, it is currently about 70* outside and I'm going to send hubby out to till some beds for growing with cold frames that I'm going to overpay for because stupid me didn't get to making our own early enough.

*sigh again*

No comments: