Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Today's produce

Let's try this another way. Let me tell you what I get and try to plan a week's menu around it. Then I'll let you know if I did it that way. We'll try it for a week anyway.

Today--full share of organic produce.

1 large bunch of kale (hoping it's Red Russian but can't tell)
1 small bunch of green onions/scallions that I never really know what to do with
1 bunch of celery (to add to the 2 in the fridge)
5 lbs of brown-skinned potatoes
1 lbs of small parsnips
2 heads of some kind of curly leaf lettuce
2 medium heads of broccoli
2 avocados (to add to the 2 still in the fridge and lots in the freezer *eyeroll*)
a bag of something like 1 lb. of these really small, nubby carrots. Like fat baby carrots
10 onions
3 tomatoes (2 very underripe)

16 of the smallest oranges I've ever seen
6 red delicious apples
1 large bunch of bananas
6 really nice sized pears
2 lemons


I'll take inventory of the rest of the food stores and plan tomorrow. Blah...

No comments: